Bi-Lingual Office Administrator
This job has been closed.
At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are looking to recruit an Office Administrator to support our Dyfi Bridge Project Office Manager in Machynlleth. This role will be fixed-term for a period of two years and it has the potential also of being a job share opportunity, if required.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Answer all telephone calls in a timely manner, screening, recording, and forwarding calls as applicable
- Greet all clients and visitors ensuring correct booking in procedures are adhered to
- Distribute incoming mail and manage outgoing mail, including arranging couriers as required
- Provide PA/administration support/diary management to the Project Team
- Support and cover for the Office Manager as required. You will be required to train in the Project Management Systems
- Attend management meetings and produce minutes in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all filing and archiving of project records are co-ordinated and organised allowing ease of access and retrieval
- Ensure the reception area is clean and tidy and refreshments are available and offered as required. This may also include organising light lunches
- Support with any other ad hoc administrative duties as requested
The Ideal Candidate
- Welsh Speaker (essential)
- Polite and professional at all times
- Confident with an ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proactive, highly organised and efficient
- Fully proficient in IT, specifically, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.