The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Frome
Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical)
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) to join our team based at Tarmac Halecombe Quarry and Asphalt Plant, Frome, South West and Wales. As well as Frome, this role is easily accessible from Nunney, Shepton Mallet, Warminster, Trowbridge, Bath, Midsomer Norton, Gillingham, Glastonbury and surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Section Manager, the Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) role is part of the 24/7 engineering function at Halecombe Quarry and Asphalt Plant, Frome. As a Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) you will be responsible for the following across the Quarry and Asphalt plant:
- Responding to plant breakdowns (Quarry and Asphalt Plant) – ensuring assets are returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution
- Undertaking emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment
- Liaison in preventative maintenance planning and execution planned shutdowns
- Owning small scale projects and delivering them in a pragmatic and proactive manner
- Taking a cost conscious approach to maintenance activities and participating in root cause analysis so repeat failures can be eliminated
- Coordinating with contractors and suppliers when they are on site
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the engineering function through your own observations and experience
- Welding and Fabricating to a good standard
- Working with risk assessments and method statements and contributing to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures
- Maintaining and promoting Health & Safety rules and regulations, following all company processes and procedures
- Challenging unsafe conditions and practices, reporting these through company procedures
- Utilising the computerised maintenance management system and recording all work including fault descriptions, spares used and repairs carried out
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision. You should also demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment. Suitable candidates for the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) will:
- Have a recognised apprenticeship (preferably a higher-level standard)
- ONC/HNC (desirable but not essential)
- Have a strong, practical mechanical systems background, heavy industry preferred - conveyors, drive systems – motors, belts, pumps, gearboxes, crushers, vibratory screens
- Possess a fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Possess the ability to remove and fit bearings
- Be capable of undertaking emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient manner on all production equipment
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
In addition to the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
#tarmac #tarmaccareers #Aggregates #fitter #plantfitter #mechanicalfitter #plantjobs #quarrying #quarryingoperations #asphalt #asphaltjobs #Frome #Nunney #Shepton Mallet #Warminster #Trowbridge #Bath #Midstomer Norton #Gillingham #Glastonbury
Tarmac Trading Limited