The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Besthorpe
Quarry Supervisor - Days
This job has been closed.
Are you an experienced Quarry Supervisor or wishing to take the next step in your career to this role? If so, then please read on as we may have the role for you……
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Quarry Supervisor to join and lead our fantastic Sand and Gravel Quarry team at our Besthorpe Tarmac Quarry, which is located close to Collingham in Lincolnshire. The site is easily accessible from Lincoln, Nottingham, Sleaford, Newark-on-Trent, Gainsborough, Retford, Worksop, Mansfield, Grantham, Waddington and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Quarry Supervisor will manage the Sand and Gravel Quarry operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Quarry Supervisor with people management, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key. Managing plant compliance with business policies and procedures and ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Quarry Supervisor, not exhaustive:
- Active supervisory management of the Sand and Gravel Quarry operational teams
- Delivery of toolbox talks
- Manage daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Support the drive of operational performance through KPI’s
- Support, coach and performance manage all direct reports
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Take responsibility for their own safety and that of colleagues and business partners
- Maintain site housekeeping to a high standard
- Monitor Sand and Gravel Quarrying to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Working with the Quarry management on budget’s in relation to the plant you are responsible for, these being both fixed and variable costs
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Quarry Manager - Health & Safety team - Procurement and support teams - National Logistics team - Area Operations teams - Area Commercial teams - Area HR Manager - Industry Bodies – Customers
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Quarry Supervisor you will have experience and knowledge of:
- Experienced in Quarry operations
- Previous experience of a Sand and Gravel Quarry environment – would prove highly beneficial
- Working knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems
- Strong knowledge of production processes
- Knowledge of H&S and Environmental policies in the quarrying environment
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations
- Actively identify and implement site and process improvements
- Able to look for opportunities to identify customer needs
- Effectively communicate to feed opportunities into customer services / sales
In addition to the role of Quarry Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Quarrying #Quarry #Sitesupervisor #Plantsupervisor #Quarrysupervisor #QuarryingSupervisor