The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Stanford-le-Hope
RF Sept 23 - Maintenance Fitter
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for someone to join our team as a Maintenance Fitter at Linford in Stanford-le-Hope. This role will be working Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
In the role of Maintenance Fitter you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day maintenance activities which include planned preventative and reactive maintenance on production machinery in manufacture of Aircrete block or other similar products.
- Meeting statuary and SHE standards as a minimum.
- This is a day-work role, working on a variety of plant throughout the block manufacturing site as directed on a planned or reactive basis.
- You will be required to record all work on the site CMMS system
- This is a dynamic role, mostly self-motivated and self-supervised with good communication skills
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Fitter you will have experience of:
- IOSH training will be an advantage.
- Experience of maintaining/replacement of mechanical parts including bearings, shafts, rollers.
- Skilled with hand tools, bearing presses and fitting tools
- Experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment.
- Experience in maintaining and repair of mechanical equipment.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.