This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join our team based in Stancombe, Bristol.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires an experienced Aggregates Quarry Manager reporting to the Area Operations Manager you will have full responsibility covering quarrying and daily operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSE legislation, in particular the Quarries Regulations 1999.
- To develop and maintain the Quarries’ health and safety document in order to fully meet the QR requirements.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Tarmac health and safety systems / standards and best practices.
- Ensure that all work undertaken in the quarry is risk assessed and safe-working procedures put in place.
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents are reported and fully investigated and corrective action taken as necessary.
- To lead and manage all Tarmac UK and contractor personnel working in the quarry areas, with safety as the key priority.
- Motivation, development and training of the quarry personnel and contractors to ensure they continue to meet the competency requirements.
- The development of the Quarry annual plan and budgets. Ongoing responsibility for the quarry cost control and forecasting.
- Responsible for all work undertaken in the Quarry including infrastructure.
- Project management of projects within the quarry within agreed timescales and budget.
- Apply all relevant Environmental legislation – EMS, EMAS and any additional requirements under PPC
- Ensuring that the quarry is operated within the scope of all leases, planning consents and conditions.
- Ensure good public relations are developed, all complaints fully investigated and maintained through open
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a quarry with a minimum of 3 years' experience as a section 8.1.c as evident by an up to date CPD record
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures.
- Supervisory / management of personnel.
- Project management.
- Effective Budgeting and cost control
- Change Management Experience of building successful relationships with internal / external stakeholders, particularly with regard to PR and the local community
- Managing Teams / Team building and development of people
- Participation in “on call” rota with the Production team
Skills / Knowledge
- Education level preferred:
- Education level required Mining Engineering degree / Diploma in quarry technology / Foundation degree in
- NVQ level 4 in Health Safety and Environmental Management in Quarrying
- Registered and maintaining IoQ (Institute of Quarrying or other professional body) CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- NEBOSH certification.
- SHE NVQ Level 4 working towards level 6
- Level 4 Geotechnical
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.