This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Ready Mix Concrete Plant Supervisor on a fixed-term basis to join our East Midlands team in Derby.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Area Production Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- The day to day operations of the Ready Mix batching plant
- The production of Ready Mix concrete which is to be distributed locally
- To manage, drivers, visitors and contractors coming to site
- To ensure that on site Health and Safety Environmental and Quality policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience and knowledge of operating a concrete plant. You will also:
- Possess knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Have previous experience within a Supervisory role is ideal
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be flexible in your working approach
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and work within restrictive timeframes
- Be IT Literate (Microsoft Office, SAP knowledge would be ideal)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.