This job has been closed.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team on the 6 months, fixed-term contract based at Tarmac Sevenoaks Plant, Kent.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Taking on supervisory tasks as required
- Supporting and working with our maintenance and engineering teams to improve plant reliability and availability
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Ideally hold a mobile plant licence (forklift, clamp truck, shovel)
- Ideally, but not essentially, hold a Mechanical and/or electrical maintenance qualification
- Be and effective communicator – written and verbal
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be flexible and have the ability to travel to multiple sites as required
- Be a good team player
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?