This job has been closed.
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
We are currently looking to recruit a Site Agent to join our growing North and Mid Wales Regional Team working on Infrastructure Projects of various sizes for several key clients across the public and private sectors.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
- Delivering projects safely in accordance with company SHEQ system
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships and optimising targeted financial contribution for the scheme
- Planning and managing the works to maximise site productivity and general performance.
- Delivering and measuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Implementing the company BMS
- Managing procurement and performance of sub-contractors
- Ensuring that works activities are carried out efficiently and to agreed programme and specification
- Manage and develop team members individual performance, identify strengths and weaknesses in order to contribute to the succession planning of the business
- Report the performance of projects under their control to the Area Agent/ Regional director.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses:
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A passion for keeping people safe
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good negotiation skills
- An ability to plan and organise works safely and efficiently
- Excellent managerial and organisation ability
- A preference for teamworking and collaboration
- High level of Commercial acumen
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload and is self-motivated
- A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
- A working knowledge of NEC contracts and other common forms
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (in Civil Engineering or similar)
- CSCS qualification (desirable)
- Proven experience in Civil Engineering Contracting, preferably highways
- SMTS/IOSH (Safety Related Qualifications)
- Temporary Works Co-ordinator & confined spaces preferable
- Planning Software & AutoCAD Trained
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.