Road Surfacing Underforeman
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Road Surfacing Underforeman to join our friendly North West team in Agecroft, Salford. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Road Surfacing Underforeman you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on Road Surface contracts using aggregates and asphalts. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Reporting directly to the gang Foreman and Supervisor
- Assisting the Foreman with daily responsibilites as requested
- Carrying out the responsibilties of the Foreman in their absence (overseeing and Supervising the work for the Skilled Operatives)
- Driving/operating various machinery associated with road surfacing
- Adhering to on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures and encouraging others to as well
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar working environment. They will:
- Have ideally obtained a CSCS card
- Have experience in asphalts and road laying
- Have experience of operating road surfacing machinery/equipment
- Ideally be experienced in project work – ideally on motorways
- Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Be motivated
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Be flexible
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.