This job has been closed.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our Dry Silo Mortar Plant, Meriden in Coventry/Birmingham at Tarmac to work on the shift pattern that will include mornings and afternoon.
No experience is necessary as full training will be given
Reporting to our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
· All operational activities within a manufacturing environment.
· The meeting of daily production target requirements.
· Supporting all site KPI’s including quality, Health and Safety, site housekeeping.
· Supporting and working alongside our site fitter on basic operator lead maintenance.
· Working flexibility including shift work and some weekends.
The Ideal Candidate
Will be flexible and be able to demonstrate a can do attitude and have the ability to think for themselves
· Hold a full UK driving Licence
· Be a team player and an affective communicator
· Ideally to have a forklift truck and loading shovel licence (training will be given to the right candidate)
· Have a good attitude towards Health and Safety and the environment
· Hard working and willing to learn new skills
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Overtime available
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?