General Plant Operative
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Plant Operative to join our team in Hints Quarry in Tamworth.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Quarry Manager you will be responsible for:
- Conveyor belt maintenance
- Mobile plant operation
- Weighbridge and process controls
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Quarry or similar environment within a similar role. Other requirements would include:
- Being flexible
- Mobile Plant experience, Loading Shovel experience/tickets, Articulated Dumper
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Being self-motivated
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Risk Assessments
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.