This job has been closed.
Highly Competetive Salary + Fantastic Benefits
6 months, fixed-term contract
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our friendly team based in our Tarmac Maltby Blocks Plant, South Yorkshire. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it is important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful candidate, you’ll provide an effective link between the Operations and Engineering teams. Delivering a high level of quality to varied Mechanical Engineering-related activities. You will be working closely with all members of the engineering facility, reporting directly to the Mechanical team supervisor in effectively carrying out preventative maintenance tasks and responding in a timely manner to breakdown repairs with a keen eye for continuous improvement.
- Ensure plant equipment maintained to a high standard and in a timely manner develop a works plan and maintenance system
- Ensure plant operates in a safe manner
- Ensure all work carried out and documented in line with company Health and Safety policies
- Ensure the correct recording of all maintenance activities
- Assist in the accurate stock control of spares & components
- Take a proactive approach to maintain the plant/equipment
- Ensure production is maintained to required target levels by assisting online and mobile plant when required.
- Contribute to ensuring minimum requirement stock levels are always maintained
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- BTEC , C&G or NVQ3 in mechanical engineering.
- Time served working on industrial plant equipment
- Time served apprenticeship City and Guilds or NVQ
- Experience of working with
- Conveyors and drives
- Gas cutting and welding (fabrication)
- Steam systems and pumping systems.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?