Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team based in Broom, Bedfordshire.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires the right attitude. Tarmac can offer a robust training program to the right candidate following a probationary period, training includes various Mobile plant and safety related programs.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Completing housekeeping and day to day activities as instructed by line manager
The Ideal Candidate
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Mobile plant licences (forklift, clamp truck, shovel) are ideal but not essential
- Have good communication skills
- Be motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence (dependent on location)
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Be a good team player
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.