Production Team Leader
This job has been closed.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Production Team Leader to join our Tallington Plant, Lincolnshire at Tarmac.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
We are embarking on a new joint venture with Max Bogl to supply Tunnel Segments to the Thames Tideway Project. Team Leaders will play a key role in supervising their teams to produce the segments, contributing significantly to this exciting infrastructure project.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, as the Production Team Leader you will:
- Effectively coach and performance manage all direct reports , embedding core behavioural competencies (the STAR Framework) and a culture aligned to the Tarmac Way which places our values, proud, collaborative and ambitious, at the heart of what we do.
- Actively participating in precast concrete manufacturing, which may include the pouring, smoothing or cleaning of the materials and precast moulds
- Operating the production equipment such as cranes and forklifts
- Operating mobile plant
- First line maintenance and inspections
- Working as a team to ensure a quality product is produced for the client and targeted volumes are delivered
- General housekeeping; ensuring that the highest standards are maintained in accordance with What Good Looks Like (WGLL) and the CRH Lifesaving rules – delivering toolbox talks.
- Role modelling an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a previous experience working as a Team Leader or similar gained within a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment with experience in leading small team.
As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both engineering and supervisory skills.
- Licences (mobile plant)
- Manual Handling
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.