At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Senior Operative to join our friendly team based in Edinburgh. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Site Supervisor you will:
- Safely operate mobile plant and production equipment such as forklifts as trained and authorised.
- Stock movement in accordance with yard plans
- Ensure plant and equipment are inspected and maintained and defects reported
- General housekeeping
- Role model an exemplary approach to health and safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Forklift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
However, we are willing to consider candidates with enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Fork Lift Truck license – advantageous but not necessary
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.