HGV Class One Driver
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for experienced Class 1 LGV Drivers to join our teams based at: Linford, Broom, Blashford & Stancombe. Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the successful Class 1 LGV Driver, you will be responsible for the loading & safe delivery of Tarmac Bulk & Packed Aggregates to a range of Trade & Retail customers and other duties in line with business needs. The role works within all relevant statutory legislation together with internal company Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
· The loading and safe delivery of Tarmac Bulk & Bagged Aggregates to customers
· First Line Maintenance duties on vehicle
· Engage with Customers in a respectful & professional manner whilst upholding the forefront of the company as an ambassador.
The Ideal Candidate
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate previous experience as a Class 1 LGV Driver gained ideally within the General Haulage Industry. As well as the ability to use your own initiative and to communicate with all Departments for instructions and information. Specific Requirements.
· LGV Class 1 licence
· Flexibility to “Night out” as & when required
· Minimum 2 years General Haulage experience
· Ability to effectively communicate with all Departments
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support part-time and flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.