At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Coordinator to join our friendly team in Stancombe, Bristol Area.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a transport coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Working with a team to plan the distribution of materials and regional orders in the most cost-effective manner whilst delivering optimal volumes.
- Ensure high levels of vehicle utilisation
- Ensure low levels of haulier issues
- Providing high levels of customer service and communication to both internal and external customers
- You will also be expected to react in a timely fashion to any internal or external unplanned events as you will be coordinating live tasks
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior knowledge of transport planning, although this is not essential as full training will be given.
- Highly organised and ability to multi-task
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills will also stand you in good stead along with the ability to influence and negotiate with our haulage community
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.