At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our friendly team based in Dunbar Cement Plant, East Lothian, Scotland.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Senior Project Engineer, as the successful candidate you will be:
- Delivering capex projects safely, in budget and on time
- Supervising contractors onsite within the Projects Department
- Manage issues and escalation as they relate to project delivery
- Ensure maintenance of standard governance and compliance for each project
- Provide programme/project health reviews, and the implementation of any corrective action
- Support post implementation project reviews and the integration of any lessons learned into future project delivery as well as third party project reviews.
- Support and provide responses to any internal or external compliance audits or investigations
- Support Maintenance department as and when required
- Proactively engage in the S&H performance and behaviours of the project team and contractors involved in any project on site, to continuously improve safety practices and standards
- Effectively communicate clearly toolbox talks and serious events reviews to direct reports
- Manage the risk assessments within the department, cascading the departmental task list to increase the drive for safety and environmental competence within the production team
- Responsible for housekeeping and safety standards implemented in all projects on site.
- Participate and contribute towards RCA and continuous improvement plans
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous engineering experience gained within a Cement, heavy industry or a similar environment and will have sound operational and maintenance knowledge.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to influence others
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills, to manage a range of priorities
- Degree or equivalent
- Minimum IOSHH Working Safely
- IOSHH Managing Safely Certificate (desirable)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.