HGV Class 2 Driver
This job has been closed.
Hopkins Concrete Ltd is the leading Concrete business in Somerset and Devon. Our innovative products and solutions deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the local economy. We offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration (including overtime rate) and benefits package for the right calibre of applicant.
We are currently looking for a HGV Class 2 Driver to join our busy team in Bridgwater.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for delivering concrete and aggregates to our large customer base.
As a driver with a current CPC card and relevant experience, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient delivery and dispensing of our range of products to customer locations.
Joining our team as a driver, you will ensure all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail. Complete daily vehicle checks with regards to safety and keep the truck in acceptable condition and comply with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires a qualified and competent HGV Class 1 / 2 Driver. You will be also able to demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to participating in and contributing to a safe working environment at all times
- A commitment to driving within the legal requirements of a driver
- A willingness to learn and/or develop your current skill set
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent time keeping
- The ability to provide excellent service to both internal and external customers
- MPQC Driver Skills Card would also be advantageous, but not essential as training will be given
Our people are the most important part of our business and it is important to us that we invest in their health and safety. Therefore, all new starters in operational roles will be invited to attend a 2 day corporate induction at The National Skills and Safety Park in Whitwell.
Hopkins, as part of Tarmac offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.