Project Engineer - Lead Engineer Electrical
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Lead Engineer Electrical to join our team working in our Stone, Lime and Powders Business at Tunstead near Buxton, Derbyshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Ensure engineering projects are delivered in compliance with Tarmac Health & Safety Policies and Rules of Business.
- Provide support to the engineering team with project electrical design drawing capability, efficient, best practice and economical specification and selection of electrical equipment to established legislative, company and site standards.
- Ensure all projects are designed to achieve the lowest cost of ownership possible.
- Implement systems to track short and medium term electrical project resourcing requirements, subsequent threats, and opportunities to this
- Support management of electrical engineers, department budget and administration.
- Assist development of competencies skills training and work experience for Junior Electrical Engineers.
- Support in the creation and delivery of electrically biased Capex CIA’s.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree preferable in Electrical Engineering Discipline, ideally Process Control
- Experience within the quarrying industry desirable
- Material Handling Plant Experience.
- Working knowledge of Medium and High Voltage Systems and Instrumentation
- Aggregate, Lime, Powders and Cement Process Knowledge Advantageous
- CAD proficient, also Windows including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Communication Skills
- Drawing Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Electrical Process Design Competency
- Project Management including electrical based Estimating/Scoping
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Safety and Health procedures
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.