At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a General Operative to join our friendly team based at our Quarrington Quarry in Durham.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Quarry Manager, you will be responsible for operating a Bulldozer for the Landfill Operation on-site & other requirements of the Quarry Operation.
You will also adhere at all times to company Health and Safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do so, as well as work independently but also as part of an effective team.
The Ideal Candidate
As part of an operational team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working within a similar environment. You will also:
- Have knowledge of the industry
- Be flexible
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work as part of an effective team and motivate others
- Bulldozer licence
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.