LGV Driver C+E Low loader
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a LGV Driver C+E Low Loader to join our friendly National Road Planing team based in RAND, close to Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. This role is easily commutable from the towns such as Lincoln, Louth, Scunthorpe, Sleaford, Newark-on-Trent and the surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of LGV Driver C+E Low Loader works a varying work pattern and includes extremely good renumeration for both overnight and weekend working, which is expected as part of the role.
Duties of the LGV Driver C+E Low Loader will include the day-to-day operations in support of the site.
To be successful in this role of LGV Driver C+E Low Loader you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the Lorry and Drag Trailer are checked regularly and that any defects noted and highlighted to Fitter and office
- Ensuring that any journeys are undertaken safely and legally and that the loads checked and secure
- Ensuring that the journey is planned so that the Planer arrives on site for the specified shift start time
- Liaising with the Planer Foreman and Operatives regularly and working together as a team
- Working safely and in conjunction with current Driving Regulations
- Ensuring that materials are planed up on site into the tipper lorry
- Ensuring that planed materials are taken to a designated tip
- Recording planing loads and tip details on load transfer tickets
- Comply with company standards and procedures and be in regular contact with the NRP Transport Manager who will check such details and provide useful feedback plus help with any Driving Issues etc.
- The Driver will work closely with the Aggregates Manager who supplies client and tip details for delivery of material
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role of LGV Driver C+E Low Loader we are looking for a candidate who has Driving experience ideally within a similar work industry. They will also:
- Have previous experience of site work and experience with road planers would prove highly beneficial; although not essential
- Possess knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be motivated and able to work both independently and as part of the wider team
- Be flexible and adaptable in your working approach
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- LGV (HGV) Class 1 licence
- A valid Digital Tacho Card
- A valid CPC Qualification Card
- STGO CAT2 experience
Along with the role of LGV Driver C+E Low Loader we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #LGV #HGV #Lowloader #C+E