The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Birmingham
Operative Night Shift
Job Reference tarmac/TP/110/2038
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an Operative (Night Shift) to join our friendly team based at Washwood Heath Asphalt plant in Birmingham.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Asphalt plant supervisor, you will be responsible for mixing asphalt to specification. Working as part of a team you will cover all aspects of the asphalt including stock control, inspections, housekeeping tasks and assigned maintenance tasks. This role will require flexibility to meet the demands of the business that operates 24/7.
The Ideal Candidate
- Willing to learn and work as part of a team on a shift rota providing 24/7 service to our large and diverse customer base.
- Experience in asphalt/concrete/mortar production desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to develop your skills are essential. You will also need to work in a collaborative manner and rise to challenges.
- Curious and motivated to drive not only your development, but to help with the growth of the team too.
- A commitment to high safety standards, both for yourself and your team, will also help to make the site a success.
- Good customer service skills and the ability to build friendly rapport with a wide range of people would be beneficial.
- This is varied and rewarding role in a safety driven environment.
- Loading shovel licence would be desirable, full training will be provided in all areas of the role.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.