Transport Co-Ordinator (RMX)
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Co-Ordinator to join our team in Loughborough.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a Transport Co-Ordinator, you will form part of a team that are critical to the delivery of a professional distribution service to our customers, devising a schedule that accounts for the needs of the customer, optimisation of the plant network and most cost-effective use of the vehicle fleet. as the Transport Co-Ordinator, your duties will include:
- Contribute to the success of the team by providing the best offer for our customers, enhancing their experience promoting Tarmac as the supplier of choice.
- Effectively plan and schedule the programme of works ensuring timely delivery of orders against agreed timeframes with the customers whilst optimising cost through effective truck utilisation.
- Making decisions on optimum fleet numbers, transfers & requirement for hired trucks using all necessary data
- Manage hired haulage cost through understanding Owner Driver earnings vs cost of hiring externally/transferring trucks
- Monitoring real time progress of scheduled orders
- Liaison with plants to ensure raw materials are in place to meet the forecast order and delivery schedule
- Provide customers with progress information of deliveries, in particular immediate notification of late loads
The Ideal Candidate
The Transport Co-Ordinator will ideally posses:
- Ability to effectively operate a varied range of IT systems
- Previous experience of working in a scheduling or distribution environment is preferred
- Background in operating distribution and or scheduling systems
for the role of Transport Co-Ordinator we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.