This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team in Bilsthorpe, Newark and will work between the Newark and Oakham offices.
This role is easily commutable from Chesterfield, Newark, Nottingham, Sheffield, Grantham, Derby, Sleaford, Loughborough and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Quantity Surveyor you will ideally have worked in a similar industry with experience of working on Highways and Infrastructure projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include; but not limited to:
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts
- Managing commercial projects from pre contract stage through to completion
- Engaging and managing sub-contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR's
- Produce both internal and client forecasts
- Production and substantiation through to agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all Tarmac and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
- Ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection
- Prepare and submit monthly application for payments to clients
- Prepare and issue early warning notices and compensation events
Due to the nature of the work, a company vehicle is included with the role of Quantity Surveyor
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Full UK car driving licence
- NEC3/4 experience would prove highly beneficial
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Good oral, written communication; and presentation skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven with strong commercial awareness
- Good negotiation skills
It is preferred that the successful candidate for the role of Quantity Surveyor is educated to degree level, although other equivalent qualifications minimum HND or QBE (Qualified by Experience) may be accepted.
Training and development will be provided to a new colleague to attain their best in this role; therefore, we encourage you to apply if you are in the early stages of your career.
In addition to the role of Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #TarmacCareers #QuantitySurveyor #QuantitySurveyorjobs