This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team based in Norfolk. The role enjoys a Highly Competitive Salary, Company Car, Bonus, Pension Contributions and more.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Quantity Surveyor joining our team, you will:
- Oversee the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Manage financial accounts and report to senior management on the framework performance
- Liaise and present to the client on the framework performance
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of subcontractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is a qualified Quantity Surveyor and has prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is desirable.
Experience of using the NEC forms of contract would be advantageous. This would be an ideal position for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking to step up into a Quantity Surveyor role.
You will have:
- drive and ambition to succeed
- good interpersonal skills
- good problem solving skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- numeracy and analytical ability
- process driven
- good negotiation skills
- commercial awareness
As well as the role of Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
Some of the range of benefits on offer to employees include:
- Company Car
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#tarmac #tarmacjobs #quantitysurveyor #norfolk