Commercial Graduate - Financial Management
Joining Tarmac as a Commercial Graduate will mean you work as part of our Commercial Team responsible for the financial management of our Term Contracting division. Your role will support the team with new and existing business whilst also working strategically to ensure sustained business growth.
This exciting role will involve working both indoors and outdoors, engaging with numerous departments with a wide variety of activities to carry out.
Activities may include:
- Develop and undertaking of Commercial processes
- Develop an understanding of Tarmac products and market positioning
- Contribution towards Commercial growth strategy through understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Strategic Project based work relevant to destination role. Your involvement will improve the way we work and add value to the business
- Build relationships with our customers
- Prepare and timely submission of valuations and receipt of certificate
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract term
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of a contract
- Manage financial accounts and report to line manager on performance of project
- Liaise with the client on the project performance
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor account
- Pre-contract pricing as required
- Generate payments and sub-contract purchase orders .
- Understand Tarmac's financial cycle and how and when documents need to be submitted to meet tight deadlines.
- Take pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed !
While learning in your day-to-day role (activities noted above) , you will also complete our Core Skills Graduate Development Programme. This programme is delivered through 8 modules over 2 years, designed to expand business knowledge, strengthen soft skills and offer networking opportunities to enable a successful transition to your destination role.
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. The following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- Educated to Degree level
- Self motivated
- Willing to learn and develop
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self awareness
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Driven to succeed with a winning mindset
Application and Selection Details
To assist you, please note our final stage will include face to face interviews, taking place on Monday 13th June 2022, at our offices based in Knowsley.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.