Commercial Graduate - Bid Writer
Joining Tarmac as a Bid Writer Graduate will mean you work as part of our National Commercial Teams responsible for contributing to the work winning functions of the Tarmac business. The role is responsible for contributing to the production of documentation and tender submissions for contracts identified as strategic business targets.
Bids will be across a range of services provided by Tarmac including surfacing, civil engineering, traffic management, highways term maintenance and major infrastructure.
Activities may include:
- Research clients and political drivers to gather a thorough understanding of their individual requirements
- Production of Client-facing documents such as Quality Submissions, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Capability Statements and Case Studies.
- Assist in creation of knowledge and best practice libraries.
- Liaise with central functions and regional operational offices to develop tailored documentation to meet Client expectations.
- Gather technical data from internal departments, operational teams and the wider business such as IT, HR, Sustainability, marketing, and finance and interpret this into layman’s terms.
- Review submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement.
While learning in your day-to-day role, you will complete our Core Skills Graduate Development Programme. This programme is delivered through 8 modules over 2 years, designed to expand business knowledge, strengthen soft skills and offer networking opportunities to enable a successful transition to your destination role.
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. The following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- Educated to Degree level
- Self-motivated with strong time management and organisational skills
- Willing to learn and develop
- Being able to work as part of a team to tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Driven to succeed with a winning mind set
- Strong written communication skills with proficiency in Microsoft suite
Mobility: This role will require regular travel, to our Loughborough offices, based on the nature of the work we complete.
Application and Selection Details
To assist you, please note our final stage will include face to face interviews, taking place w/c 13th June 2022, at our offices based in Solihull.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.