Traffic Management Foreperson
The job has expired.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Traffic Management Foreperson to join, support and lead a Traffic Management team working on the National Highways project of works. This role will be based from the Birmingham area and you will be required to travel across the assigned region and further across the UK; dependant of current works requirements. The role is easily accessible from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The role of Traffic Management Foreperson will report directly to the Supervisor. As well as this you will provide supporting guidance on traffic management matters on behalf of Tarmac Traffic Management to our clients on whose contract/contracts upon which we are operating to ensure their objectives and targets are achieved leading to the successful overall delivery of the project. You as the Traffic Management Foreperson will be responsible for:
- The installation, maintenance, removal and recording of temporary traffic management and control systems
- Working unsupervised for all general traffic management duties that you will be trained for and be competent to undertake as part of a team and ensure compliance
- Will be the leader and company ambassador and role model to Traffic Management Operatives on site. Accountable and responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are followed whilst passing on knowledge through coaching and mentoring
- Support effective planning, programming and delivery of programme of works
- Support achievement of Company and Contractual KPI’s
- H & S – Zero accidents and environmental incidents, additionally promote and develop Health, Safety and wellbeing innovations
- Work collaboratively with Tarmacs Health, Safety & Wellbeing advisor to promote best practice across all works
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are being adhered too across all works
- Ensure training qualifications and competence requirements are in place and monitored for all employees within their team
- Support to ensure any CDM regulations (principle contractor responsibilities) are being adhered too across all works
- Ensure environmental processes and best practice across the contract
- Lead the on-site investigation process, report then collate, gather and record relevant information relating to all site issues / incidents & to promote Near miss reporting
You must be able to travel across the region of work, this could be local or the entire UK – overnight accommodation will be arranged for you
We are open to individual applications or from established Gangs/Teams
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Traffic Management Foreperson will have experience and knowledge of Traffic Management systems. They will also:
- You will have worked within a similar role within the Highways industry and have knowledge of on-site Health and Safety policies and procedures associated with the role
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team and provide leadership in the role of Traffic Management Foreperson
- Possess good communications skills and will be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- NHSS 12A/B Foreman’s skills card
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Manual Handling
- Have a flexible approach to location and shift patterns in accordance with needs of the business
- TSCO Qualification
- First Aid training & Mental Health First Aid Training
- IPV Qualification C1E or BE licence entitlements with driver CPC
In addition to the role of Traffic Management Foreperson we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #Tarmaccareers #Trafficmanagementforeperson #Trafficmananement #Highwaysforeperson #Highwaysmanagement