The job has expired.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Unit Manager to join our friendly team based at Tarmac Higham Asphalt Plant, Newmarket.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Area Operations Manager, you will be expected to:
- Co-ordinate all aspects of day to day operation of the team of operatives and contractors
- Ensure Daily KPIs are recorded accurately
- Work closely with maintenance team/contractors to co-ordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns
- As required, co-ordinate teams during a breakdown situation
- Liaise with customers regarding delivery and quality issues
- Ensure the quality of the products manufactured and amp; delivered to site.
- Ensure full communication to all parties in relation to plant availability, shut down and capacity
- Ensure timely recording of all month end data. E.g. entering figures to SHE online, Reporting on Monthly Stock figures
- Complete RCA’s when required in respect of Quality, Safety and Mechanical issues
- Manage the site operation in line with the Budgetary Controls in place.
- Compiling overtime report and forwarding to CATS Administrator.
- Ensure appropriate training is completed to ensure that appropriately trained personnel are available during holidays and sickness absence.
- Reporting machine hours to the Babcock Portal.
- Daily Maintenance of Production Sheets and OPMS Inputs.
- Implementation of Systems and Recording of all Site Monitoring requirements i.e. Water Abstraction and Discharge, Planning Conditions, etc
- Administration of SHE Online – input of Near Hits, Actions, Visits, etc.
- JCSC Minutes.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have experience within a similar Management position within a similar industry. They will also:
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Have extensive experience of management
- Be able to liaise with stakeholders of varying seniority levels
- Be knowledgeable for Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable for SHE
- Be able to work within set timeframes
- Be accountable for the safe running of site and to encourage others to adhere to Health and Safety regulations
- Be motivated
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?