Team Leader - Repair & Maintenance
This job has been closed.
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader in Repair & Maintenance to join our Team at our Pontypridd office.
As a Team Leader, you role will comprise of working on the safe delivery of repair & maintenance tasks on the Wastewater Network in the South Wales region.
Your working hours will be typically Monday - Friday from 07:30 - 17:00 and you will also be working on standby once every 4-5 weeks depending on the rota of which an allowance is paid.
You will typically be working in a 2-3 man team and on a day to day basis, the successful Team Leader's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervising the team ensuring all work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently and in accordance with legislation/industry and company standards.
- Liaising with the Griffiths Streetworks Team to ensure all statutory notices are submitted and closed down in accordance with legislative timescales
- Ordering plant & materials as required to deliver the task
- Liaising with Traffic Management provider to ensure correct TM is implemented and site cleared
- Ensuring a point of work risk assessments are completed on each job/project, so a safe method of working is achieved.
The Ideal Candidate
In order to be considered for this position, you must have knowledge and experience in the following:
- Drainage & Pipelaying experience
- Be Streetworks qualified (NRSWA)
- Basic IT skills
Although not essential, having experience and awareness of COSHH and Asbestos would be beneficial.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?