The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Frome
Mobile Plant Fitter
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Mobile Fitter to join our team at Tarmac National Contracting Halecombe Workshop, Frome, Somerset.
The role comes with a Company Van, Enhanced OT Rates, Bonus, Pension, Paid Holidays and more.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Mechanical Mobile Fitter you will be part of the engineering function at Halecombe Workshops, Frome, Somerset.
As a Mobile Fitter you will be reporting to the Regional Workshop Foreman, you'll be expected to contribute to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures and respond to plant breakdowns – ensuring assets are returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous Mechanical Fitter experience or:
· Be a Minimum qualified Level 2 Mechanical Engineer (Car/LGV/Plant)
· Relevant machine operator competence (Preferred but not essential)
· Manual Handling
· Computer literate
· Working knowledge/fault finding abilities
· Welding and fabrication skills desirable.
· CSCS Card holder (or equivalent)
· Environmental awareness
· Sound knowledge of risk assessments, safe systems of work & effective usage of PPE
As well as the role of Mobile Mechanical Fitter, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company Van
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested in the role? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Mechanical Fitter #tarmac #fitter