The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Gwynedd
Managing Quantity Surveyor
This job has been closed.
Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £250m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH.
We're now recruiting for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to cover sites in the North Wales region. This is a great opportunity for a candidate that lives in the region as you'll be working locally and be able to commute.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Joining our Infrastructure division, Griffiths are seeking a driven individual with a proven track record of delivering demanding Civil Engineering projects, and, establishing, developing and maintaining working relationships.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor you will manage a team of eight surveyors.
You will have the necessary experience of working with Senior staff to support the continuing growth of the business. This individual must be a proven leader with strong people skills to manage a busy and fast-paced working environment.
You will ideally be based in the North Wales region so you can commute to sites in Mid and North Wales.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will have line management responsibility for the regional Commercial Team and take the lead commercially for contracts within the business area.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will assist with the development and implementation of the commercial strategy and contributing to the continuous improvement of commercial processes.
This role requires excellent interpersonal skills to engage, inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve our goals. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, sub-contractors, staff and all other stakeholders.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supporting the Commercial Team’s business strategy and business plans, working closely with the team to roll-out key initiatives and achieve the strategic goals.
- Aligning all functions within the Commercial Team to maximise efficiencies.
- Working closely with regional / project teams and senior management, to provide comprehensive commercial advice and guidance including identifying and implementing commercial recovery plans on underperforming projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain sound commercial practices that are congruent with various construction contracts.
- Abiding by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
- Managing the applications for payment and budgets/prices for contract variations, monitoring all project accounts and ensuring the best possible position is achieved at final account agreement.
- Providing commercial support to estimating and bid teams.
- Establishing effective relationships and links which will ensure you and Griffiths senior management are aware of opportunities within our sector planning.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be in receipt in any of the following:
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be considered, provided they can demonstrate suitable commercial management experience.
- Chartered to a relevant body such as RICS or CICES, or working towards this.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience dealing with multiple client and contracts.
- Sound understanding of construction law and common forms of construction contracts.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
- Company Car/Allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.