The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Aberthaw
Job Reference tarmac/TP/111/3840
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an HSE Advisor to join our friendly team based in our Tarmac Cement and Lime Plant at Aberthaw, South Wales. As well as Aberthaw this role is easily accessible from Cardiff, Barry, Bridgend, Porthcawl, Pontyclun, Penarth, Caerphilly, Newport and the surrounding areas.
Working closely with the Senior HSE Manager and Plant to provide targeted, consistent and focused support and advice in matters of HSE within the Business. Whilst this role is predominantly based at plant it may require ad hoc support within other sites. The role will both support and be key to the development of a strong HSE culture.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Senior HSE Manager the role of HSE Advisor will provide on-site expertise alongside consistent and focused support and advice in matters of HSE to drive improvement and consistency across the site and business.
The role of HSE Advisor will also:
- Give assurance to the business via inspection, audit and review that Tarmac HSE standards are being implemented and where appropriate, give suitable advice in order to address the failure, monitoring the actions required for resolution and completion
- Support investigations in order that learns from incidents, injuries, operational losses and occupational health problems can be effectively implemented and shared to prevent recurrence
- Support development and delivery of reports and presentations at Monthly Management Meetings, giving constructive feedback on KPIs, targets, objectives, lessons learned and actions required.
- Play a key role within HSE team and business working groups to help develop and deliver the Tarmac and Cement and Lime HSE Strategy and initiatives
- Mentor and coach stakeholders of the business including supporting the successful onboarding of site and other operational managers to the business
- Engage with key stakeholders both internally and externally at all levels
- Ensure that safety commissioning and contractor management is carried out in line with the Tarmac standards.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of HSE Advisor will have experience of working in a similar role within an industrial sector. They will have a NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
Suitable candidates for the role of HSE Advisor will also possess:
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to confidently deliver presentations
- Incident investigation and risk mitigation skills and experience
- Sound understanding of visible felt leadership benefits
- Ability to mentor and coach
- Professional and positive outlook as well as a can do attitude
- Proven ability to build strong, trustworthy relationships with all stakeholders and peers
- Drive to achieve results and deliver high standards
- Knowledge of 45001 standard advantageous
In addition to the role of HSE Advisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities including (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
#tarmac #tarmaccareers #hsejobs #healthandsafety #environment #environmental #hse #hseadvisor #hsestandards #auditing #safetyfirst #plantjobs #occupationalhealth #monitoring #hsemonitoring #southwestjobs #bristoljobs #newportjobs #cardiffjobs #chepstowjobs #westonsupermarejobs #gloucesterjobs #gloucestershirejobs #southwalesjobs
Tarmac Trading Limited