The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Waltham Forest
Degree Apprentice Civil Engineer
Job Reference tarmac/TP/67621/3944
The job has expired.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
Our Degree Apprenticeship Programmes offer the perfect blend of personal and professional development, with opportunities for a Trainee Civil Engineer to join our team based out of our site at Waltham Forest (post code E10 7AS)
The role is commutable from Walthamstow, Stratford, Hackney and surrounding London areas, with excellent access to public transport.
As a Apprentice Civil Engineer you will be bringing life to various infrastructure projects! You will be in a client facing role, building strong relationships with the customer. The role will involve working both indoors and outdoors, engaging with numerous departments with a wide variety of activities to carry out.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
A typical day as a Apprentice Civil Engineer will be very varied but typically you could be involved in:
Activities may include:
- Understanding and promoting site safety.
- Raise anything that you believe might be different to what is expected in this safety culture organisation
- Assist the Engineer in their duly activities and responsibilities
- Assist in ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled, and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards.
- Assist recording of Near Misses on the Near Miss Cards, completed cards to be provided to the Safety Manager.
- Ensure contemporary Record Keeping through the maintenance of a site diary.
- Compare written safety documentation to practices onsite ensuring full compliance or flag up if there are differences
- Ensure all Permits to Work (Excavation, Hot Works, Confined Spaces, Electrical Connections) are raised on relevant forms, issued, and filed with a copy of Permit issued to appropriate Ganger and briefed accordingly.
- Taking pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed!
- You will also be enrolled in our business core skills programme, providing further opportunities for personal development, networking and business exposure.
As you pursue your degree apprenticeship, you’ll complete the following apprenticeship standard. More information on this qualification can be found here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/civil-engineer-degree-v1-0
The Ideal Candidate
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds and prior experience isn’t always necessary for success. This following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- Must be 18 years of age before Sep 2023. PLUS, 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (C or above) or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above). PLUS, A Level BBC or; BTEC National Diploma DDM or; Access to Engineering qualifications with 15 Distinctions and 30 Merits including Maths and Physical Science credit or; Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points, Level 3 qualifications must include Maths and Physics. Skills:
- Enthusiastic about pursuing a career as an Engineer
- Enthusiastic about starting a career in the building materials industry!
- Passionate about working safely.
- A team player.
- Commercial mindset.
- Negotiation skills.
- Willing to learn and develop.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Graduate #Graduates #Sustainability #Environmental