The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Swadlincote
Job Reference tarmac/TP/117/4044
This job has been closed.
Tarmac, a CRH company, is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative services and solutions help to deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the economy today and create a more sustainable built environment to support our future prosperity.
We are currently looking for an Operative to join our fantastic team based in Swains Park Industrial Estate, Swadlincote. This role will offer the suitable candidate the opportunity for overtime as well as full training and progression opportunities.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Working alternating 6am-2pm and 2pm - 10pm plus 10pm-6am shifts, the successful Operative will be responsible for actively participating in bagged products manufacturing in a safe manner. You will also take responsibility for:
- Own and colleagues’ safety
- Ensuring product quality
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Operative will be able to demonstrate previous experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a General Operative, Fork Lift Truck Operative, Multi-Skilled Operative or Labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
As mentioned, prior experience would be beneficial, but isn't essential as full training will be given.
Fork Lift Truck license – advantageous
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities ( employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+ , Parents & carers, Ability , Wellbeing, Female voice and menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.