The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Bangor
The job has expired.
Are you a Skilled Operative looking for a Company where you can progress? Or an experienced Skilled Labourer looking to make the step up?
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are a sustainable contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
Griffiths are currently looking to recruit a Skilled Operative to join our team operating in North Wales, initially Bangor. This role will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks covering multiple trades.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Skilled Operative plays a crucial part of the Operational Team and will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely and to the correct quality standards
- Operating machinery and power tools
- Concrete works
- Laying drainage pipes, pavements and manhole covers
- Laying kerbs and channels
- Completing plant defects sheets
- Involved in completing the daily point of work risk assessment
The Ideal Candidate
This is a challenging and incredibly rewarding position that can accelerate your career and learning and development. As Skilled Operative you will have:
- A positive work ethic and attitude
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience of civil engineering work
- CSCS Blue Skilled Worker Card & NVQ
- Clean full UK Driving Licence
- CPCS Card for Dumper & Roller
- Manual Handling is desirable
- Asbestos Awareness is desirable
- Streetworks Operative is desirable
As well as the Skilled Operative role we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Training & Development
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.