The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Pontypridd
Ganger / Team Leader - Civil Engineering
The job has expired.
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader / Ganger to join our team in Pontypridd.
Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Newport, Cardiff, Swansea, Penarth, Barry, Porthcawl, Neath, Usk, Aberdare, Merthyr Tydfil, Llanfoist, Abergavenny.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager and Civils Supervisors, you will be required to undertake urgent, reactive and planned maintenance work on the network, in accordance with the Company procedures and compliant with our Client’s standards.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Lead their team ensuring all work is delivered safely, compliantly, efficiently and in accordance with legislation/industry and company standards.
- Liaise with the Griffiths Streetworks Team to ensure Streetworks Notices are updated and closed down
- Order plant& materials as required to deliver the task
- Liaise with Traffic Management provider to ensure correct TM is implemented and site cleared
- Ensure a point of work risk assessments are completed on each job/project, so a safe method of working is achieved.
- Working on standby rota ( 1 week in 4) to deliver emergency works out of hours
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Min 5 years Deep drainage /pipelaying experience
- Water Hygiene card
- Confined Space working ( C&G Med Risk minimum)
- Asbestos Awareness
- COSHH awareness
- Temporary Works Supervisor trained
- Basic IT skills
- CAT 4+ trained
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- 360o Excavator <10t (CPCS)
- Streetworks qualified (NRSWA)
- First Aid
- Clean Driving Licence including category C1E
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
Car Allowance (where applicable)
Training & Development
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.