The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Airdrie
Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical)
The job has expired.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) to join our team based at Tarmac Cairneyhill Quarry and Asphalt Plant, Caldercruix, Airdrie (near Glasgow). As well as Glasgow this site is accessible from Falkirk, Grangemouth, Broxburn, Carluke, Bellshill, Hamilton, Kirkintilloch, Rutherglen, Bishopbriggs and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Site Management Team, the Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) role is part of the 24/7 engineering function at Cairneyhill Quarry and Asphalt Plant in Airdrie. As a Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) you will be responsible for:
- Responding to plant breakdowns – ensuring assets are returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution
- Undertaking emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient way on all production equipment
- Owning small scale projects and delivering them in a pragmatic and proactive manner
- Taking a cost conscious approach to maintenance activities
- Coordinating with contractors and suppliers when they are on site
- Participating in root cause analysis so repeat failures can be eliminated
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the engineering function through your own observations and experience
- Welding and Fabricating to a good standard
- Working with risk assessments and method statements
- Contributing to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures
- Maintaining and promoting Health & Safety rules and regulations, following all company processes and procedures
- Challenging unsafe conditions and practices, reporting these through company procedures
- Utilising the computerised maintenance management system and recording all work including fault descriptions, spares used and repairs carried out
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work with minimal supervision. You should also demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment. Suitable candidates for the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) will:
- Have a recognised apprenticeship (preferably a higher-level standard)
- ONC/HNC (desirable but not essential)
- Have a strong, practical mechanical systems background, heavy industry preferred - conveyors, drive systems – motors, belts, pumps, gearboxes, crushers, vibratory screens
- Possess a fault finding ability to identify defects and recommend appropriate action
- Be capable of undertaking emergency breakdown repairs in a timely and efficient manner on all production equipment
- IT literate - capable of using PCs, common applications and company systems
- Ability to assess SHE risks arising from work activities and control risks accordingly
- Knowledge of site-specific SHE procedures and Safe Working Practices
In addition to the role of Maintenance Plant Fitter (Mechanical) we also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac, a CRH company, is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
#tarmac @tarmaccareers #mechanicalplantfitter #fitter #fitterjobs #plantfitter #mechanicalfitter #asphaltfitter #asphaltjobs #plantoperations #plantjobs #aggregatejobs #mechanicalmaintenance #mechanicalmaintenanceplantfitter #Mechanicalengineer #fitter #Maintenancetechnician #Maintenanceengineer #Maintenancefitter #Mechanicaltechnician #Engineering #technician #plantengineer #heavyplant #quarryjobs #quarryfitter #Caldercruix #Airdrie #Glasgow #Falkirk #Grangemouth #Broxburn #Carluke #Bellshill #Hamilton #Kirkintilloch #Rutherglen #Bishopbriggs
Tarmac Trading Limited