The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Dewsbury
Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor
This job has been closed.
Are you a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor looking for your next role? Then please read on as we have a new role with the team here at Tarmac that may just be for you……
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a suitably qualified and/or experienced Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our friendly team in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. This role is easily commutable from Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield, Huddersfield, Manchester, Wakefield, Halifax, Barnsley, Doncaster, Castleford, Pontefract, York, Wetherby, Harrogate and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Due to the nature and experience of the team, we proactively support a hybrid working model.
As the Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor you will ideally have worked in a similar industry with experience of working on Highways, Infrastructure or Maintenance Projects.
Other responsibilities for this role will include:
- Be an integral member of the commercial team supporting the Commercial Manager and Managing Quantity Surveyor
- Build a strong relationship with internal and client counterparts as well as managing members of your team to attain their full potential
- Managing commercial projects from pre contract stage through to completion ensuring contracts returns are maximised and complete forecasting across all within your works
- Engaging and managing sub-contracts including tender enquiries, award and assessment of monthly payment applications
- Support the production of monthly CVR's
- Produce both internal and client forecasts
- Production and substantiation through to agreement of associated Final Accounts
- Ensure all Tarmac and client processes are followed to minimise commercial risk
- Work with your team and ensure all work completed is accurately valued and followed through to cash collection
- Prepare and submit monthly application for payments to clients
- Prepare and issue early warning notices and compensation events
Due to the nature of the work, a company vehicle is included with the role of Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor and therefore you must have a FULL UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 points
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have:
- NEC3/4 experience would prove highly advantageous
- Customer exposure with National Highways or other large government organisations would prove highly beneficial
- BSc or MSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written communication; and presentation skills with strong numeracy and analytical ability
- Process driven with strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills
In addition to the role of Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Company Car
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Quantitysurveyor #SeniorQuantitySurveyor #Commercialsurveyor