The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Lincoln
Lead Mechanical Fitter - Days
This job has been closed.
Are you an experienced and dynamic Mechanical Fitter, Maintenance Supervisor or Engineering Supervisor looking for your forever role?
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Fitter to join and lead our friendly maintenance team at our Sand and Gravel Whisby Tarmac Quarry, which is located close to Lincoln in Lincolnshire. The site is easily accessible from Lincoln, Nottingham, Sleaford, Newark-on-Trent, Gainsborough, Retford, Worksop, Mansfield, Grantham, Scunthorpe and the surrounding areas
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
You as the Lead Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for managing the section, taking ownership of performance and quality, achieving and maximising the efficiency of the process and delivering a preventative maintenance scheme for fixed and mobile plant. Managing a team and controlling health and safety requirements in respect of the full range of activities carried out. Responsible for instilling an inclusive culture where people are treated with dignity & respect.
The Lead Mechanical Fitter will be proactive and ‘hands on’ in all maintenance activity including Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), defect and risk management, breakdowns, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and project engineering work. Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Monitor and maximise productivity of processes, making cost effective use of resources, products and equipment. Identify ways to improve processes and quality
- Drive achievement of optimum Overall Operations Effectiveness (OOE) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Communicate performance targets and KPI’s to team through meetings, briefings and site objectives
- Supervision of maintenance activities
- Complete plant & vehicle maintenance checks and inspections as required
- Apply basic maintenance practices, (i.e. check levels, parts, wear, pressure & sensors, grease and lubricate equipment)
- Undertake and/or review maintenance inspections and report defects (AAA)
- Monitor and report key successes and deficiencies across site (performance, product, equipment, people) to management, undertaking root cause analysis and calling out problems as required
- Control production-associated costs (including temp labour and overtime), reviewing these regularly with management Promoting the maintenance management system, ensuring the application of maintenance procedures, methods and best practices
- Maintaining Health and Safety rules and regulations and ensure all Safe Systems of Work are signed off and complied with leading towards a target of zero harm for personnel and contractors
- Lead, manage and develop a team, optimising engagement, and overall team performance
- Lead in resolving complex technical issues or failures as they arise
- Manage and develop third party relationships, ensuring effective service contracts are in place and demonstrate best value
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Carry out supervisory duties in line with regulations, manufacturers guidance, company policies and procedures
- Plan, process and produce materials to meet specification, ensuring a high quality product is maintained
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant in the role of Lead Mechanical Fitter will be instrumental in the future development and support of the engineering culture to achieve the benefits available through continuous improvement strategy. You will have experience as an Engineering (Supervisor or Manager) / Maintenance (Supervisor or Manager) within a similar heavy manufacturing industry and line management experience will be essential.
Maintenance Supervisor - Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- ESSENTIAL - Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems knowledge, with an understanding of electrical systems
- HNC/HND in a role related discipline along with a recognised apprenticeship or BEng would prove highly beneficial
- Challenge people, hold them accountable for job completion and quality of completion
- Computer literate - familiarity with computer software (word, excel, etc)
- Good communication skills, with a positive, proactive can - do attitude to your team and others
- Continuous Improvement techniques, Lean methodology, Six Sigma and FMEA and Root Cause Analysis investigative methods
In the role of Lead Mechanical Fitter we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Engineering #maintenancesupervisor #engineeringsupervisor #mechanicalengineer #maintenanceengineer #maintenancefitter #maintenancetechnician #mechanicalmaintenancefitter #maintenancefitter #leadfitter