The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Buxton
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Process Operator to join our team based in Tunstead, Buxton.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Process Operator will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the automated performance of the pre-heater, kiln feeder, rotary kiln burner, calciner, exhaust gases, emissions and cooler processes
- Interact and manipulate the process in order to ensure production of cement is maximised and consistently remains within specifications
- Working as part of a team in managing day to day blockage, housekeeping and general maintenance/production issues.
- Plant operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This may involve night working, weekend and Bank holidays and being on call if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the role of Process Operator will have experience of:
Certification in isolation procedures and mobile plant licence (desirable)
Experience of working in a production environment or maintenance team
Mechanical/Electrical process knowledge
A good mechanical understanding of heavy industry.
Ability to carry out heavy manual work
Comprehensive understanding of safety procedures and leads by example in relation to safety standards
Along with the role of Process Operator we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.