The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Meridan
Multi Skilled Operative - HS2
This job has been closed.
Are you a Multi Skilled Operative looking for your next permanent role? Then please read on as we may just have the role for you based in the heart of the Midlands.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Operative to join our friendly team based at our Meridan 3 plant situated centrally between Birmingham and Coventry, this role will be to work on Europe’s largest infrastructure project HS2. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands and is commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Kenilworth, Nuneaton, Redditch, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Plant Supervisor. The Multi Skilled Operative will work on the day-to-day operations driving mobile plant, you will work with the team to the site plan, you will ensure that stocks are maintained and replenished in good time.
Your responsibilities as the Multi Skilled Operative will include (not exhaustive):
- Operating Mobile Plant on site
- Working with other members of the team to ensure that customers get good quality material and on-time deliveries
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily/weekly production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Inspections on the plant and acting on defects and implement remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised
- Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard
In this role you will be required to work Monday – Friday with overtime available to meet with our production plans
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as an operative or labourer. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing both operative and supervisory skills.
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Plant
- Shovel License – highly desirable
- Good Timekeeping – flexible as to the site requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations
- Full UK manual car driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant/Cement/Readymix environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Along with the role of Multi Skilled Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #multiskilledoperative #loadingshovel #skilledoperative #operative #hgv #lgv #360driver