The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Congleton
This job has been closed.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Operative to join our team based at Eaton Hall in Congleton, Cheshire on the afternoon shift pattern.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting in to our Site Manager, the successful Operative, will be responsible for undertaking all site duties safely, understanding CRH and SHE safety, receiving in raw materials, storage, production, despatch, housekeeping.
You will also take responsibility for:
- Meeting daily production target requirements.
- Reporting of data for quality purposes.
- Moving, loading and unloading product from the plant and vehicles
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround.
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
- Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Operative, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production & despatch environment. You will also:
- Possess good communication skills and be numerate
- Ideally, hold a mobile plant licence for diesel counterbalance forklift truck
- Be a proficient communicator
- Be a good team player
- Have experience of manual handling
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.