The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Whitwell
Multi Skilled Operative
This job has been closed.
Are you a Multi Skilled Operative or Quarry Operative looking for your next permanent role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you……
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Operative to join our Whitwell Quarry close to Worksop in Derbyshire. This role is easily commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Worksop, Bolsover, Dronfield, North Anston, Retford, Doncaster and Mansfield.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile and fixed plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your role will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and raise awareness for remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised within your role
- Housekeeping across the site to provide optimum production
Please note we have 2 positions for this role operating as follows:
DAY shift role Monday – Friday and Saturday AM on rotation
DAY shift role 4 on – 4 off with an enhanced rate to support this shift
(both roles have OT available to meet with the site production needs)
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and plant operations
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations i.e loading shovel would prove highly beneficial
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the sites manufacturing requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant / Quarry environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Along with the role of Multi Skilled Operative we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #multiskilledoperative #loadingshovel #skilledoperative #Quarryoperative