The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Gloucester
This job has been closed.
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Advisor to be remotely based across our sites in the area of work, with the potential of hybrid working. Due to the nature of the role, we are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas – Birmingham, Redditch, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Kidderminster, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton, Malvern, Droitwich Spa, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Basingstoke, Stroud, Stonehouse, Cirencester, Newbury, Andover, Salisbury, Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and the surrounding areas.
The role of Environmental Advisor is a role you will be required to work Monday - Friday but with flexibility should a business need arise.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry.
The Environmental Advisor report directly to the Future Generations Team will work closely with the project managers across the region. This role is fundamental in our current and future projects, and you will provide your knowledge and expertise to colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include (not exhaustive):
- Understand the company environmental policies, procedures and statutory requirements in relation to their effect on AGC operations and ensure that these requirements are implemented and maintained
- Provide advice for obtaining legal compliance consents, permits, licences and waste exemptions (e.g. discharge permits, land drainage consent, ordinary watercourse consent, abstraction licences, Section 61 consents, etc) – Ensure that these are actioned, in place and manage de-register
- Support project teams with the development of Materials Management Plans (MMPs) and Site Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) to ensure all key opportunities and risks are identified, mitigated and subsequently managed appropriate to the level of environmental risk associated with the project
- Monitor performance against the environmental and sustainability strategy and objectives, system, standards, processes and procedures and report back to the Future Generations Manager
- Implement initiatives that will improve AGC environmental performance
- Liaise with enforcing authorities and professional groups with region
- Delivering and supporting the Future Generations Manager in business-wide strategies and initiatives designed to improve wellbeing of future generations, sustainability and environmental performance and bring about social, economic, environmental and cultural change
- Raise awareness in the business through identifying gaps; arrange, co-ordinate and deliver specific environmental training and campaigns
- Assist in the development, review and approval process were requested of environmental risk assessments / aspects and impacts and work package plans
- Investigate all environmental non-conformances and audit findings, making recommendations and supporting the delivery of suitable and adequate corrective and preventative actions required. Communicate the results to the Future Generations Manager
You will be required to provide flexibility in this role a car / allowance is provided with this role so you must have a FULL UK manual car driving license with no more than 6 points
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant in the role of Environmental Advisor will be instrumental in the future development of the environmental and economics of our culture to achieve the benefits available through our continuous improvement strategies. You will have experience within a similar role with a large civil engineering/building infrastructure projects and/or construction industry.
Environmental Advisor - Qualifications/Requirements/Capabilities:
- Member of IEMA, and ideally with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environmental role within the construction industry
- Strong knowledge and experience of statutory environmental legislation and regulations, as well as industry best practice
- Good knowledge and experience of environmental and sustainability managements systems, such as ISO 14001, ISO50001, ISO20400, BS8001
- Good cross business team working, with experience of influencing staff at all levels and being able to communicate this both written and verbally
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft office (word, excel PowerPoint)
In the role of Environmental Advisor we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc.(REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female voice and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Griffiths, a CRH company, is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@AlunGriffiths @Tarmac #AlunGriffiths #Griffiths #Tarmac #AlunGriffithsCareers #GriffithsCareers #TarmacCareers #Environmentaladvisor #Environmentalofficer #Environmentalmanager #Environmental