The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Bow
Skilled Surfacing Operative
Job Reference tarmac/TP/102/846
This job has been closed.
At J B Riney, our people are our company. The way in which we treat our people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
J B Riney is a long- established Civil Engineering company who have operated in the Greater London area for nearly 40 years. Working alongside many Local Authorities and Councils, our well-earned reputation is built on local knowledge, reliability, quality products and services as well as a customer focused delivery.
We are looking for a Skilled Surfacing Operative to join our team based in Bow, London.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Surfacing Supervisor, the purpose of this role will be to work as a member of a Surfacing team and you will be responsible for:
- Operating specific plant and carrying out site tasks as required
- Adhering to on site Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times
- Reporting any near misses to line manager
- Ensuring all plant is safely and securely stored in designated parking area at the end of each shift
- Ensuring all work is completed to the highest standard and complies with contract specifications
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will ideally possess previous experience of Road Surfacing. They will also:
- Have ability/experience to operate specific plant (Pavers, rollers, JCB 2CX)
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be motivated
- Be flexible in their working approach
- Relevant machine operator competence certificates
- Manual handling
- Appropriate NVQ
- CSCS card holder
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.