Relief Supervisor - HS2 BBV JV
This job has been closed.
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for Relief Plant Supervisors to cover the West Midlands to join our exciting and rapidly expanding HS2 team.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plants across the West Midlands including:
- Wash Wood
- Chipping Warden
As well as regional travel, you will be responsible for:
- Instilling a culture of health and safety best practice by driving a culture of continuous improvement in the safety arena
- Delivering exceptional standards and performance, optimizing the production process and delivering a first-class customer service
- Overseeing the operations strategy of your site to ensure that labour resources are maximised to fulfil production & delivery requirements, and all management systems are adhered to
- Troubleshoot plant issues and identify areas for improvement, assisting with site maintenance as required.
- Manage daily finished goods collections and raw material deliveries to the site, ensuring all paperwork is correctly received and all dispatch tickets are correct.
- Monitor and investigate product failures, adjusting and/ or recommendations to improve performance.
- Supervise plant supervisors to ensure they are aware of, and comply with, all company policies and procedures, meet performance levels, and undertake training as required.
- Work closely with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to improve business performance
The Ideal Candidate
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- A willingness to learn, support and develop others through people supervision
- Proven supervisory/ leadership experience
- Operational experience in a manufacturing or factory environment with a proven track record of driving safety and operational KPI’s
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with good attention to detail
- The ability to motivate yourself to work independently and within a team
- Flexibility in your working approach as this role includes travel across the West Midlands
- Ideally experience in and knowledge of Ready-Mix Concrete operations
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Paid door to door for all hours worked, including travel
- Company van/ pick up
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.