Rope Access Technician (Level 1/2)
This job has been closed.
Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England, we serve the major infrastructure sectors including highways, rail and local and national governments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re looking for ambitious and safety conscious people who share our company values who can work well as part of a team.
Joining our team as a rope access technician you will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and package as well as our commitment to provide excellent training and support development. Please note that this role is project based within different geographical regions, so a flexible approach will be required.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As part of our team you will be involved in a range of works including all aspects of Geotechnical work including rock and soil slope stabilisation, utilising passive and active meshing systems, vegetation management, masonry re-builds and repairs, heavy civils and hard and soft landscaping.
Reporting directly to the rope access supervisor or rope access manager you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient delivery of the rope access elements of any project, whilst taking direction from the Level 3 supervisor or site management team.
- Contributing to the improvement of the rope access team by attending and completing any refresher or specialist training they are asked to attend.
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by the team and on an independent level
- Uphold the core company values and encourage the same throughout the site team.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role we need individuals to be safety conscious, reliable, have a good attitude and be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for reliable and experienced level 1 & 2 rope access technicians with knowledge in the Geotechnical and arboricultural sectors of the construction industry. We are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference and be involved in the development of our growing business.
- Have a minimum of IRATA level 1 qualification and 500 logged hours.
- Experience in geotechnical work including rock drilling, soil nailing and meshing.
- NPTC qualifications and experience in de-vegetation works.
- Experience in; rail, civil engineering or construction.
- 3-day first aid qualification.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Candidates must be flexible and willing to travel or lodge if required.
At Tarmac we are passionate that our workforce reflects the communities where we operate. Our ambition is that everyone regardless of level, role, or background will enjoy an environment of respect, inclusion and belonging. We actively remove barriers to ensure everyone is supported and can reach their potential with us. We take active steps to encourage people from a broad range of backgrounds to apply for jobs at Tarmac as we believe a diverse, inclusive company will enable everyone to thrive. We are a disability confident employer and will make reasonable adjustments as required. We are committed to support flexible working and believe getting the balance right is critical to personal and professional success.